[Gambas-user] Printer Setup

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Aug 10 20:45:36 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 09 August 2005 03:52, A Person wrote:
> Monday, 8 August 2005
>
> I have checked about and I can absolutely nothing about the printer
> setup in Gambas.
>
> Is the Printer SetUp form a Gambas form or is it a front end for something?
>
> How can I semi-permanently modify the defaults? For example, the setup
> defaults to A4. I want US Letter.
>
> I just loaded the latest stable and it is a very good program.
>
> Paul.

At the moment, the printer setup in Gambas is just a call to the Qt library
printer setup dialog.

Did you try to set the Printer properties before calling Printer.Setup ?

I think a real and complete printer setup depends on KDE or GNOME. I know that
with KDE you can do the following:

1) Print to a postcript file with Gambas, by setting a filename in the
Printer.File property.

2) exec kprinter with all needed options.

Tell me the result!

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...