[Gambas-user] gb.opengl 050728 / gb.sdl.opengl 050725

Fabien Bodard gambasfr at ...11...
Mon Aug 1 22:50:35 CEST 2005

Le Vendredi 29 Juillet 2005 02:42, Peski - a écrit :
> > > Laurent Carlier,  What will can we do with this new components? 3D
> > > games with textures, ilumination... etc...? Will be possible import 3D
> > > object modeled with 3D programs as 3D Studio, Blender... etc...?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Peski
> >
> >so...
> >the responce is for me :)
> >
> >this new component is just a base. It allow just to use the opengl lib.
> >Opengl is a set of function that make more easier to use the video card
> > and it's processor.
> >
> >After laurent have finished his component, the next step will be to make a
> >3d
> >engine that simplify the management of 3d objects and 3d world.
> >Another component can be linked to the enginer to allow to load different
> >3D
> >file format.
> >
> >It's just an idea...
> >
> >so wait... or better, help us !
>
> I like help... but I don't have the necessary knowledge. Nowadays, until I
> learn to program, my help to gambas is only test new versions and translate
> documents to my language (I can translate to spanish better than translate
> to english, don't worry ;-)
> If you need some 3D element in the future for test, I have a house made
> with 3dStudio and some elements more.
>
> >Regards,
> >Fabien Bodard (...and Laurent, but he is too timid)
> >
> >alias <-- the gambas opengl team -->   ;-)
>
> ups... you want say to me that you also work in this component, truth?
> Sorry, I don't know this!

but less as Laurent :)

> Good work!
>
> Regards,
> Peski
>
> PD: What is the difference betwen gb.sdl.opengl and gb.opengl??

gb.sdl.opengl is the container.. the recipient to receive the opengl lib
output with the sdl stuff.

gb.opengl is the component to use the opengl lib function.

in a near future we will have gb.gtk.opengl and gb.qt.opengl component, so you
can create a game with graphical routine that run on each toolkit.

regards,
Fabien Bodard