[Gambas-user] Announcement: gambas.clubnix.net - The unofficial forum for Gambas users!

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed Apr 27 16:32:13 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 05:07, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> Anyway, the web site needs a complete redesign: I'm looking for a
> tool that can mix forum & wiki features, with internationalization
> capabilities (a translated page must be warned when the original
> was updated). And somedody that can host the site for free :-) But
> I didn't find this tool yet.

Don't forget the ability to export the whole thing as a set of HTML
files for the help system, and the need to translate all of our
existing documentation to the new system.  I agree that twiki is
lacking in the internationalization department but moinmoin has
similar i18n problems and mediawiki's publishability is.... not.

This is the first time we have brought this up on the list rather than
in private, so maybe someone else has another idea :)

BTW, the announcement of gambas.clubnix.net was posted before Thomas's
subsequent post acknowledging the existence of linuxbasic.net's
Gambas forum... it just made it to the list first for some reason.
As far as I know, the clubnix forum only got set up because the
Linuxbasic.net forum wasn't prominent enough.  (And I do wish there
were a phpBB-based forum rather than the slightly weird software
linuxbasic.net uses... but, linuxbasic.net appeared before I set up
my first forum and I don't want to step on their toes either.)

Rob