[Gambas-user] Using multiple lines AND Dialog class

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sat Apr 23 19:41:23 CEST 2005

On Saturday 23 April 2005 16:53, Thomas McGannon wrote:
> Also i kno that in visual basic you could put a _ at the end of the
> line and continue writing on the next line and it would accept it
> as the same line. Is there a similar way of doing this in gambas?

If you're doing string concatenation, you don't even need an
underscore, you can just leave a hanging "&" and continue with
another string on the next line.  Otherwise, as far as I know, you do
have to put it all on one line.

If you do split string expressions across lines that way, be warned
that it will screw up the IDE's debugger, putting the cursor on the
wrong line when you get an error.  I keep meaning to fix this and
submit a patch but it's pretty rare that I split strings like that.

Rob