[Gambas-user] Developing MIDI app with Gambas

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Apr 22 05:02:13 CEST 2005

On Thursday 21 April 2005 21:55, Juan Jose Costello Levien wrote:
> I want to receive MIDI signals on a MIDI port connected to a MIDI
> device, and process them as I need. Is there a way to do that?
> Something related to SDL?

As far as I know, SDL doesn't actually support MIDI input... for that
you'd need an interface to ALSA or something like that.  There are
probably command line programs or a /dev interface to the raw
sequencer data, but I dunno if Gambas is fast enough to process out
all the MIDI events in realtime.

If someone were looking for a component project to undertake, that
might be a nice one.

Rob