[Gambas-user] Circular references and allocations non freed?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Apr 19 11:10:05 CEST 2005

On Monday 18 April 2005 17:27, nando wrote:
> I sometimes get that error too, but not often, with the same code.
>
> On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:52:33 +0200, Thomas Mathiesen wrote
>
> > GoVPN (0.2-2) spits out this when I exit:
> >
> > WARNING: circular references detected
> > frMain (1)
> > WARNING: 60 allocation(s) non freed.
> >
> > I am using QUIT.. so it should clean up all variables, shouldn't it?
> > I have no clue what circular references mean..?
> >
> > Here's the exit code:
> >
> > PUBLIC SUB btExit_Click() 'Same for form_close
> >
> >    SaveConfig 'Save settings
> >    TRY VPNProcess.kill 'Try to kill VPN process
> >    IF ERROR THEN addtodebug("Tried to kill VPNProcess, but no
> > connection found.") 'If no process, just add a note to debug
> > listview   QUIT 'Cleans up?!
> >
> > END
> >
> > Anyone?

Never use the QUIT instruction to quit a program. Actually this instruction
violently aborts your program, and so don't free things cleanly.

To cleanly ends a program, close all windows.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...