[Gambas-user] gambas 1.0.4 does not start, more info

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Apr 12 11:27:24 CEST 2005

On Saturday 09 April 2005 12:32, José María Lucero wrote:
> I discovered the problem with my installation of gambas is locale related
> i have LANG="es_AR" in my .bashrc file
> if i change this to "es_US" gambas starts normally, changing to anything
> else gives a messege about not being able to use that locale, but if the
> locale starts with "en" gambas starts nevertheless, not so if it is set to
> spanish
>
> any idea if this is a gambas bug in the new version or an installation
> problem (posibly a gentoo portage problem?)

I thik there is the same problem with SuSE. It seems that it is a bug in the
QT library with its own translation mechanism. If the qt translation file
does not exist for your locale, then it freezes.

I will try to find a workaround as soon as possible, and I will send you a
patch so that you can tell me if things are better.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...