[Gambas-user] Gnome - KDE

BernieMan bernieman.tux at ...626...
Thu Apr 7 12:06:43 CEST 2005

Benoit Minisini schrieb:

>>I have another questions:
>>Is a compiled application running under Gnome?
>>Do I need a runtime-library to give an app to third person?
>

> Yes. You need to install the gambas interpreter, all components used by your
> project, and all libraries used by these components.
>

>>I have one Application and its running under KDE but Gnome is making
>>problems.
>>I don't use KDE-Components in that app and on the Gnome-Machine there
>>are the KDE-Libs installed.
>

> What problems ? Be more precise please!

OK - more precise -
I create an app -
I have KDE as Window-Manager

I try to run that app under a Gnome-Window-Manager on a different machine.
It says something like "... childprocess ..."
It is not running.

So my question was:
Is an app running under Gnome or is it necessary to run it under KDE,
even when my app don`t use KDE-Components.
Because I have people around me using Gnome, not KDE, it is interesting
for me, if this people can use my apps.

/tia
bm