[Gambas-user] frm2form 0.06

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Sep 30 14:25:52 CEST 2004

On Thursday 30 September 2004 04:32, ron wrote:
> When I understand it good then you(perl) say in gambas
> IF type = "FileListBox" THEN type = "ListBox"

That's right.... and that's how it'll look when I port it to
gambas with the pcre component ;)

> The DirListBox and DriveListBox are more close to th
> gb.qt.ComboBox There is code behind the VB one versions that
> adds the files, directories or drives where the property
> Path/Dir/Drive is pointing. And of course the drives do not
> exist in linux or it must point to the wine drive directory is
> available.

No, I just ported a form to gambas yesterday that had a
dirlistbox and it's like a treeview on the VB side.  Since the
drivelistbox has no purpose in linux, I'm converting it as a
treeview as well with the intent of making my own "dirlistbox"
class based on a treeview eventually.

> The vb.ListBox is near the gb.qt.ListBox
> The vb.ComboBox is near the gb.qt.ComboBox

Any control whose Gambas equivalent is named the same thing
doesn't need to be changed.  That's why I have that array full
of legal Gambas controls at the top.

> The vb.ImageListBox is near the gb.qt.ListView
> The vb.ImageComboBox is near the not existing gb.qt.ComboView
> The nearest equivalent is the gb.qt.ListBox with reduced
> height to 1 row The diff between vb.Image*Box and vb.*Box is
> the first one can have icons oposite the second one.

Sorry, I've been implementing this solely using forms I had lying
around or that my clients needed converting to Gambas.  If you
could post a .frm file with a bunch of standard VB controls that
I am incorrectly converting to PictureBoxes, I will add support
for them.

> For people porting from VB to GB may be a class module like
> the TableViewX made by Charlie to emulate The vb.ListView can
> help to switch between both and fill both controls with data.

Yes, as I said on the download page, I intend to eventually
include code to do that sort of thing.  Currently I'm just
generating .form output which has nowhere to put code.

> The vb.TreeView is also the gb.qt.TreeView as most close
> substituut in name but it is a deriviate of the QT ColumnView
> so the gb.qt.ColumnView can be a better option.
>
> In fact the gb.qt.ColumnView is the replacement for the
> vb.TreeView and vb.ListView by QT.

I'll take a look at these to see if I can figure out what you
mean.

> For the frx files.
> The property values for the controls, if not standard are
> stored in these files. i.e. TextBox1.Text = "MyMessage" then
> "MyMessage" is in the *.frx file If it is left empty then
> nothing in the *.frx file.
> Also the icons used in the app are stored in this file.

Thanks for the program you posted earlier... I'll check it out
and see if I can either incorporate it or use it to figure out
the .frx format myself.

> I have already 50% ported to gambas. But has low priority for
> me. Last part are some none basic things as declare functions
> into *.dll I think the code is more complicated as the form in
> this case. 8)

I am in no hurry to begin translating code ;)

Rob