[Gambas-user] Gambas DB basic update record example

Iwan Prasetyo iwan at ...519...
Tue Sep 28 07:25:56 CEST 2004

Dear Gambas user...

I need a little help for database basic function on Gambas.
I'm using PostgreSQL as the database.

Here's I attach my screen shots of what I did.

I connected to PostgreSQL, and made it...I can view (or navigating) using
MoveFirst, MoveLast, MoveNext, and MovePrevious. Also with MoveTo...

I can add a new record also with this code shown on GambasDB2.JPG.
(is it correct way? Pls advise if I'm wrong..but it can be done with that
way).

My question is how to edit (or Update) an existed record?
It seems I can't do that smoothly as in VB like this:
(on active record just simply like)
rData!name=XXX
rData!Sex="Male"
rData.Update

Or perhaps anyone here know how to find, addnew record and update and also
delete a record smoothly?

That's all...

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,