[Gambas-user] Stumped by .99

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Sep 19 16:19:02 CEST 2004

On Sunday 19 September 2004 03:47, Craig Packard wrote:
> I seem to be having a lot of trouble doing things in .99 that I could
> do in .97.

Which distribution do you use ?

> 1. I can't get the 'watch' window to work at all.  I can't even get
> the window to 'undock' from the project window?  This makes it very
> difficult to read the current value of the varable(s) I'm watching.
> Can I make this a seperate window still?  Everything I try to watch
> just tells me: "ERROR: Cannot load class 'TextBox5: Unable to load
> class file"  When I watch TextBox5.Text or for that matter any
> textbox. . . Is anyone else using the watch window?

This is a problem with the included debugger. He thinks that an identifier is
a class if it begins with an uppercase letter! So as a workaround type
"textBox5.Text", it should work.

> 2. I also have the 96 resources unfreed (or whatever it is) error that
> others have reported.

These are 96 memory allocations. So you are using a RedHat ?

> 3. I'm having a lot of trouble with MySQL.  I can't get the moveto
> function of the result object to work at all.  I'll try something
> like:
>
>   Conn.Open
>   rData = Conn.Edit("customers")
>   i = rData.MoveTo[CInt(txtRecNumber.Text)]
>
> And it constantly throws an error: "Not an object"

MoveTo is a method, so you must use braces and not brackets.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...