[Gambas-user] Re: Including a file with install packages

Chas.Bigham c_bigham at ...605...
Fri Sep 17 07:08:10 CEST 2004

    From: Chas.Bigham <c_bigham at ...631...>
* Including a file with install packages*
<http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9544495>
2004-09-16 01:06

 Good $TimeOfDayInYourGeographicalLocation everyone.

 i want to iclude a text file with the rpm/source package of my program.
 this text file is not created by my application its self, however is
 essential for it"s functioning. How would i go about including this file
 with the install packages so that this file is installed at installation??

 thanks for any help anyone can offer
 Chas. Bigham

From: ron <ronstk at ...268...>
* Re: Including a file with install packages*
<http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9544952>
2004-09-16 02:59

 On Thursday 16 September 2004 08:06, Chas.Bigham wrote:
 > Good $TimeOfDayInYourGeographicalLocation everyone.
 >
 > i want to iclude a text file with the rpm/source package of my program.
 > this text file is not created by my application its self, however is
 > essential for it"s functioning. How would i go about including this file
 > with the install packages so that this file is installed at installation??
 >
 > thanks for any help anyone can offer
 > Chas. Bigham

 Maybe include it in the project directory.
 It should be part of the project if it is
 add in the "Data" folder of the project.

 If this does not work you found a bug I"m afraid.

 grtz Ron

then iam afraid i have found a bug. i did:

rite click on Data in Project window and chose new...text file.......in
the dialog that comes up i chose the existing tab, browsed to the
directory containig the file and in the file field i typed in the name
of my text file (in this case: viruslist), i then compiled and made an
executable. then created a mandrake rpm installation package. when i
opened this rpm with kpackage, my text file was not included....i will
try again and make sure, but as far as i know it will not include the
text file.....unless someone can prove otherwise....

thanks.
Chas.