[Gambas-user] Cannot find driver for database: mysql

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Sep 15 15:18:13 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 14:51, Nigel Gerrard wrote:
> Seems we should add this to a faq somewhere as it gets asked a number of
> times :-)
>
> Standard answer:
>
> Check to see whether the driver libraries have been  installed for gambas:
>
> ls-l /opt/gambas/lib/gambas/*my*
>
> If they are not there then they have not been compiled.  They might not be
> there
> because mysql is installed in a different place to expected.  Locate where
> the
> libmysqlclient library is and the mysql.h header file.
>
> In the gambas folder :
>
> ./reconf
>
> Then rerun configure pointing to the relevant paths:
>
> eg.
> configure --with-mysql-includes=/usr..../include/mysql
> --with-mysql-librarie s=/usr/lib/mysql
>
> By default configure will look in the following :
>
>                      /usr/lib/inlcude, /usr/lib/mysql/include,
> /usr/local/include, /usr/local/mysql/include, /opt/include,
> /opt/mysql/include,
>                      /usr/include, /usr/mysql/include - e.g checking for
> mysql.h my_config.h
>                      /usr/local/lib /usr/local/mysql/lib  /opt/lib
> /opt/mysql/lib  /usr/lib /usr/mysql/lib - checking for libmysqlclient
>
> Nigel

I think I should add a message at the end of configure that warn:

*** BE CAREFUL! MYSQL COMPONENT IS DISABLED BECAUSE THE INCLUDE AND/OR LIBRARY
FILES WERE NOT FOUND.

--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...