[Gambas-user] The hell of font size

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Tue Sep 14 08:29:40 CEST 2004

Moin Peter,

you probably have seen that we discussed this point a few days ago. I
switched from 0.92 to 0.99 and suddenly found all fonts too large on my
screen in the programs I had done in 0.92. I thought there might be a
mistake in X configuration, but the fonts on the printer are too large
as well! Moreover, not all fonts are larger by the same scale, Courier
seems to be 2.5 pts too large, Times only 0.5 pts.

> See example1, Label1 without parameter in Font. For TextLabel1 i have click on
> the standard font (Arial, normal 10 , see example 1b), this size is ok.

Looks exactly like the problem I had. Luckily, I could just adapt font
sizes to 2 pt smaller, but in larger projects this wouldn't do as a
work-around: If I rewrote my printer engine and form editor from VB to
Gambas, I would have to be sure font sizes appear as expected, at least
on paper.

> What can I do ?

I have been thinking about it for some days, but no idea. If we could be
sure that it stays like this for the next versions, it's just a matter
of adaptation...

Rolf