[Gambas-user] Format

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Sep 11 17:41:53 CEST 2004

On Friday 10 September 2004 23:00, Mr JH Deval wrote:
> Sorry to be a bother today but I am looking for a
> replacement to this.
>
> VB Command
> FixPhone = Format(PhoneNum, "(###) ###-####")
> Returns (444) 444-4444
>
> Gambas Command
> FixPhone = Format(PhoneNum,"(###) ###-####")
> Returns (4444444444) ###-####
>
> I have a temporary solution using the mid but that is painful.

The way you wanted to use the Format command is actually not related to number
formatting, but rather on text formatting. And the Gambas Format() subroutine
does not format text. Like the VB.net Format() command ;-)

I think you have to continue to hurt yourself :-)

--
Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...