[Gambas-user] COMPARISON FILE

ron ronstk at ...239...
Thu Sep 9 23:15:55 CEST 2004

On Thursday 09 September 2004 22:20, Daniel Campos wrote:
> > 7 Mo unstripped. But to know the weight of the library, you must strip it.
> > Then you get about 640K (This size reminds me something)
>
> Oh yes! CP/M was able to manage that amount of memory, and other
> operating  system I can't remember was able too :-)))
>

> > Regards,

Uhhh I made my CP/M bios at home build computer with Z80
CP/M (80) was developed for 8080 CPU and can only 64k.
CP/M86 of later date was running at 8086 and could indeed 640 on XT.
But it was not the CP/M as original designed and I believe also less
success full after all.

I had a bit overkill in 1980 with mapping of 16k segments out a range of 1000KByte.
Calling from TRS80 mode the CP/M system and back starting a second TRS80.
Not dual boot but dual run. :)
The good old days, snif.

Ron