[Gambas-user] COMPARISON FILE

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Sep 9 10:59:25 CEST 2004

On Thursday 09 September 2004 03:46, BUDI ARIEF GUSANDI wrote:
> Hi all.........
>
> I make a simple hello world console program in gambas
>
> ' Gambas class file
>
> STATIC PUBLIC SUB Main()
>   PRINT "Hello World"
> END
>
> and another one in c language
>
> #include <stdio.h>
> int main()
> {
> 	printf("Hello World\n");
> 	return 0;
> }
> Compiled without parameter.
>
> For the speed, c executable is faster.
>
> But for the executable file size, here they are :
>
> GCC 3.3.2    = 11.0 KB
> TCC 0.9.20   = 2.9 KB
> GAMBAS 0.98a = 568 Bytes <-- really small ;)
>
> Only that in the konqueror property, the gambas executable is identified
> as unknown file type, unless i changed it manually ;) ?

Konqueror identifies files by reading a special mime-database that do not
contain anything related to gambas executable files inside. And I don't know
how to add gambas to it.

Maybe this should be asked to some KDE developer. But who ? Where ?

> Anyway when i need to distribute the executable file, should i also bring
> the related component ? or it's all compiled to the executable ?

You must use the IDE packager wizard, and you must ensure that the destination
system has gambas correctly packaged.

For Mandrake, I wait the return for the people who made false gambas packages
in contrib.

For Debian, I think it is in good progress, maybe already done.

For SuSE, no idea. There is a .spec file for SuSE in the source file. This
just needs a SuSE employee to check it, launch it, and add it to the
ditribution.

For Fedora, I don't know if it is up to date.

> Regards,
>
> Budi

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...