[Gambas-user] Error messages by 0.99

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Tue Sep 7 16:03:01 CEST 2004

Hi Ron,

> The font object is changed between the 0.92 and 0.99

It does run better, but I found that all fonts are printed (and shown on
the screen) at least 2 pts too large.

Originally I chose 12 pt Courier, and it showed up way too large on the
screen and on the printer. I now have 10, and it comes out at about 13
pt on my printer in the office and about as 12 on other printers.

Courier is a Type1 font, Courier New a TTF on my system. Both the same.

I even tried with Arial and Times New Roman, the latter is only slightly
too big, but still is. Of course, I compared the values with other
programs on the same machine, i. e. OOo and AbiWord.

First thought: printer confusion :-) But remember, the fonts on the
screen are too large as well :-(

Is there a way to compensate for those effects?

Rolf