[Gambas-user] Error messages by 0.99

ron ronstk at ...239...
Tue Sep 7 13:07:20 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 11:22, Eilert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After some weeks of break in programming, I compiled and installed 0.99
> this morning.
>
> One of my projects runs flawlessly with it, but the other one says "Too
> many arguments".
>
> It run perfectly under the old version 0.92 which I used until yesterday...
>
> There is no way of telling you the line where it crashes, and F1 doesn't
> produce a help page for "too many arguments". The debug window says
>
> Form1._load.601
> Form1.?.?
>
> Any idea where I should start looking for it?
>
> Rolf

The form file has a change in syntax.

If you open the form and resize it in design mode and saved again
probably it will repaired.
That should be for all versions before 0.98 be done.

Benoit:
Is it not wise to include in the first line "magic line" to add
a version and rewrite the form if the version is updated with the
changes. At least give the user a warning the files version does
not match the new interpreters version.
You have changed i.e. left,top,x and y to move(t,l,x,y) for the form
in version 0.97 or 0.98

Ron