[Gambas-user] Database Edit error with SQlite

ron ronstk at ...239...
Fri Sep 3 14:22:36 CEST 2004

On Thursday 02 September 2004 21:45, Benoit Minisini wrote:

> This has nothing to do with the DBMS. Just that Connection.Edit() needs a
> primary to work, that's all - Read the source if you want to see why :-)

I will do

> Or give me a ROWID in every DBMS. SQLite has a ROWID, so theorically a primary
> key is not needed in this case.

The substitute of the ROWID is as in the example given is the WHERE clause
and the original contents of the fields is available for that row.
About being not unique in the whole table is no reason
The WHERE must be done in both cases.

> Anyway, no primary key in a table is a bad database design.

True, but no requirement with MySQL.
Enough people, starting with MySQL, do not have it.
The table is working they say.

> Regards,

For me not (yet) a direct problem :)
It was only a bit strange to me to be required.

Happy gambasian Ron.
O that nurse :)