[Gambas-user] Gambas and AX25

ron ronstk at ...239...
Fri Sep 3 14:00:40 CEST 2004

On Friday 03 September 2004 12:11, Berg Frank wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it is not the problem to connect the tnc or modem to then serial port, there
> are good tools includet the package as "TheFirmware" there can do it.
>
> since kernal 2.2 are the ax25 protocoll  includet in the kernal, as an
> network componet to tcp/ip.
>
> so the help i need is not to write lowlevel ax25 protocolls, i need help to
> talk to the kernal ax25 protocolls.
>
> this is doing by 2 thing,
>
> in c++ :
> include some *.h  header to the component,
>
> and
>
> 1.) ask the ax25.h or axconfig.h how many ax25 channels there are
> configured..
> 2.) register an socket
> 3.) use an socket stream to read/write
>
> in gambas is the socket component ready, but the ax25 component is not.
>

> i was try to do so as writen in "How to make Component" but when i compile
> Gambas,
> my new component is ignored.
>
> so my first question is: how do i write the beginning of the component..
>
> frank

OK.
It is the usage of the ax25.h part I understand.
That is just the part I think I need also assistance.

I believe the net socket is a good start point but the
behavior and layout is not sufficient for ax25.
With the component you may have a good start point as
template. I consider it in the past to use it that way.
It is the point you make it as a separate component that
gives troubles.

See in the gambas-devel list a message from me to Benoit about
adding such things, and his reply. Could help you.
Title is "New Components." data ~2004-09-02

If you copy it in a ax25 directory as the others are you could
start to add it in the build try as suggested by Benoit.

The best help for start should be Daniel Campos I believe.
The main difference between the net component he made and ax25
is for net there is only 1 IP involved and ax25 can have,
compared to IP, up to 6.

For daniel:
The extra IP's is the route how the data pack should go.
This route is in the packet frame opposite to internet.
AX25 can be compared to X25 with a addition in the
destination addres of a route and the IP's are 7 bytes
with ASCII instead of 4 as number.
  PD0OKG relay1 relay2 relay3 DLB0XY
The real connection/conversation is between the uppercase
ones but my packets are going only between PD0OKG and relay1.
a bit to simple but

I'm not unwilling to help you but I did type here some methods
to follow and after reading I decided it is not a good place
to dive in to the deep here and now.
I'm sure Benoit also declare me stupid doing stupid suggestions,
that was right from his point of view.

ATM I'm in fact not in healthy condition to do much work.
Second the mail list is not a good place to have a more
realtime conversation and for this stuff maybe also boring.
I suggest you to tar/zip the part you have build sofar and
send it by email. I will take a look and try to do a more
reliable suggestion how to add as a component.
It is simple I do not know exactly what you view of the
ax25 component is, maybe I can find out from source.

greets Ron