[Gambas-user] Using Gambas

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Oct 28 10:27:03 CEST 2004

On Thursday 28 October 2004 04:16, Rob Gambas wrote:
> I have installed and tested Gambas and I am really
> impressed.  I wrote VB years ago, started with v4 and
> went through v6.  Never touched .NET but 2 of the 3
> guys at work rave about it like it's the best thing
> since Peanut Butter.
>
> The third one thinks the other two are idiots. :)
>
> Anyways,  I love this tool!  RAD on Linux! Sweet!
>
> So I contacted Benoit about what I suspect to be a
> bug.  Waiting to hear about it.

I confirm this is a bug, but I don't know why the resize request is ignored. I
must investigate further...

> I was wondering if
> there was a list of features to be implemented.

Read the TODO file in the source package.

> I had an issue where I wanted to brutally trash
> (honest self evaluation of programming skill) one of
> the Examples...  Being able to "Save Project As..."
> would have been perfect so I didn't have to go find it
> and copy it by hand.

You can copy a project in the project creation dialog.

> Anyhow, Will be jumping in with both feet and am
> looking forward to it!  Congrats to the team!
>
> Regards from Denver, CO.
> Rob

You should use your true name to avoid confusion with Rob Kudla and other
Robert there :-)

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...