[Gambas-user] slashdotted :)

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Oct 27 11:55:27 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 18:11, Rob wrote:
> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/10/26/142212
>
> Comments seem mostly positive apart from "What about kylix?"
>
> Rob

Well... This is slashdot :-)

The big problem is the Mac Donald's consumer mentality of many people that
talk about free software.

I mainly make free software because it's fun, not because I have a "embarace
everything" strategy or whatever you call it (follow my eye...)

I don't care about .NET, Java, Parrot, Perl, Python, and so on, because I can
make my own interpreter, the way I wanted (mostly), and I'm happy with
that... :-)

The Gambas interpreter includes no modern technology (JIT compiler, ...), and
is surely slower than others. I don't see any problem with that, because I
can use C or C++ if I need speed :-)

The people that like the way it was done will follow and help me, the other
will use other tools. I don't see any problem with that. There is place for
everyone and everything in the free software world.

I wanted to paint a tree. Of course the tree painted by great artists will be
better. But it is my tree :-)

Fall out!

--
Benoit Minisini