[Gambas-user] gambas 1.0 RC1

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Oct 25 18:56:12 CEST 2004

Hi,

After a long period of learning acting ;-) here is the first release candidate
of gambas 1.0!

http://gambas.sourceforge.net/gambas-0.99.RC1.tar.bz2

The package is named 0.99.RC1, because the 1.0 version number is always
greater than any 0.99.*

I included mainly bug fixes since 0.99, and the libxml component of Daniel
Campos (in beta version).

Try to test this version so that the final 1.0 version is as good as possible.
Some bug fixes may create last minute problems - I hope I avoided as much as
possible, but I remember all the X.YY.a versions :-)

I will only fix bug for the 1.0, and every new feature will go into the 1.1
version.

Note that I will follow the same naming scheme than the Linux kernel: odd
numbers for unstable versions and even numbers for stable ones.

I will create a 1.1 package soon, with all features not included yet: the Rob
Kudla's Regular expressions component, or the Eduard Buller's KDE-like
icons... and so on.

There are translations that are not up to date. I'd like to know if the
registered translators will finish their jobs or not.

The documentation is not completely updated. Rob: can you launch my update
program yourself, or send me the archive of the wiki as you did before ?

I will try to include in the Mandrake contrib the correct Gambas packages, and
not the ones made by their employee. I invite other users to check if they
have correct packages in their own distributions - I recently sent a mail
about that to SuSE.

I got problems with my e-mail since a few days, since the mail server of our
Internet provider was (stupidly) black-listed, but things seems to work
correctly now.

Waiting for your comments,

--
Benoit Minisini