[Gambas-user] Examples

Marco Gusy picander78 at ...325...
Sat Oct 23 02:09:53 CEST 2004

Alle 22:20, venerdì 22 ottobre 2004, Charlie ha scritto:

> I think, you are wrong.
> I think it is easier to read and use code, others have written.
> But you have to understand, what and why it is done like this.
Of course i'm not talking about simple copy & paste.
A rapid look to code example helped me much (just to learn the spirit and the
triks of the syntax). The docs are always fundamental for learners.

> >I would like to see gambas in action with a large project, does anybody
> > have something to show me?
>
> The IDE comes with a lot of examples, if you search your gambas help
> directory ( or the wiki )
> you can find them also.
> (...)
> On the list, you find them also.

Yes... but nothing with more than two forms (or maybe i'm missing something).
A project with many forms (like managerial databases) have to be well
structured and organized; im not talking only about code, but graphics.
The Gambas ide is great for its purpose, but I think not all kinds of projects
can be rendered with that ammount of windows.
I often created projects with a mdiform, childrens and modal dialogs in Visual
Basic. I know there is the WorkSpace object, but i read somewhere it's not
much recommended.

Thanks again!

Marco!