[Gambas-user] Gambas app running wild

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Oct 10 18:14:08 CEST 2004

On Thursday 07 October 2004 11:20, Eilert wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> this morning I found that on the server suddenly system load was going
> up for one CPU so I took a look what caused it. Much to my surprise I
> found that it was my own KwhoList app I wrote some days ago.
>
> It still went on fine, so I would never have seen any mistake without
> the load meters. After stopping and restarting, it's running fine again.
>
> If you wish to have a look into the code, you can find it in a tar under
> www.eilert-sprachen.de/kwholist.
>
> There is screen shot as well showing how the thing works for me. The
> load you see on the screenshot is from another user's app. When Gambas
> was running wild, it produced a constant system CPU load of 99 % on CPU
> 3 (i. e. almost everything yellow).
>
> Did I do anything wrong? Are there any things the program could stumble
> about?
>
> Thanks for all your comments.
>
> Rolf

This is very difficult to analyze without more information...

Does the cpu load jumped suddenly ?

When it happens, stop the gbx process, and attach it to gdb to see what it
does.

A better possibility is adding a log system in your program to know exactly
which line it runs and when. This way, you will be able to give me clues to
know what happened exactly.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...