[Gambas-user] Simple Log Viewer (Gambas Log Viewer)

Ivan La Malfa lamalfa at ...639...
Sat Oct 9 15:56:14 CEST 2004

Valerio Guaglianone wrote:

> Hi,
> I have created a very simple log viewer with gambas and I need a little
> help.
> My first question is: as I can improve it?

Hi Valerio,

As I didn't run your program, you *must* say _wath_ you want to improve.

> One question still remains: how can I read  another log file (e.g.
> error.log) ?

You can use a TabStrip control.

PUBLIC SUB Button3_Click()
    LoadLog(txtPath.Text ) 'A new TextBox with the file to open
END

PRIVATE SUB LoadLog(strFile AS String)
          Dialog.Path=strFile
          IF NOT Exist(Dialog.Path) THEN
                    Message.Info("Attention: path or file not valid!")
          ELSE
                    TextArea1.Text=File.Load(Dialog.Path)
          END IF
END

> Suggest me  code, please :-(
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Vale

Remember that you can make easily a "source code pack" clicking in the
"Make source package..." on the "Project" menu.

This is because there are more files in the directory that those you can
"view" (those who tells gambas that the directory is a gambas proyect)

Bye.

--
Ivan (Vanchi) La Malfa
email/ JID: lamalfa at ...639...