[Gambas-user] Need help on format$ function

Bodard Fabien gambasfr at ...11...
Sat Nov 27 19:06:09 CET 2004

Le samedi 27 Novembre 2004 15:53, Christian Faure a écrit :
> El Viernes, 26 de Noviembre de 2004 16:14, Bodard Fabien escribió:
> > 12355.20
>
> Hi,
> i think format() not support requested format,
> divide into its components:
>
> PUBLIC FUNCTION format_hl(x AS Variant ) AS String
>   DIM hl AS Variant
>   DIM l AS Variant
>   DIM cl AS Variant
>   DIM out AS String
>
>   x=Round(x,-2)
>   hl=Int(x/100)
>   l=Int(x-hl*100)
>   cl = Frac(x)*100
>
>   out=Format(hl,"#,##0hl") 'hl
>   out=out &" " & Format(l,"#,##0l") 'l
>   out=out &" " & Format(cl,"00cl") 'cl
>   RETURN out
> END
>
> PUBLIC SUB Button1_Click()
>   PRINT format_hl(12355.999)
> END

Thank Christian

hum yes ... it's a workaround... but not a finallity.  I don't know how to
implement that into gambas... but It will be really usefull i think...

isn't it benoit?

Fabien Bodard