[Gambas-user] Release of Gambas 1.0 RC3

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Nov 21 19:52:39 CET 2004

Here is a short list the bug fixes included in this release:

- The form editor don't remove void functions anymore when saving. This
feature was buggy.

- The ~/.rpmmacros file is not destroyed by the packager wizard anymore.

- If the $BROWSER environment variable is not defined, then the IDE tries the
following web browsers, in this order: konwueror, firefox, mozilla-firefox,
mozilla, and opera.

- Now the Process Kill event is raised after all pending Read event are
flushed.

- The debugger now correctly detects global class symbols.

- Calling the default class method (implemented by the _call hidden method)
does not fill the stack anymore.

- Calling Stat() with an unknown path does not leak memory anymore.

- Now the compiler accepts 'END SUB', 'END PROCEDURE' and 'END FUNCTION' in
place of the 'END' keyword.

- The highlighting process now ignores string contents.

- The patches from Daniel were included too: sqlite driver, gb.net.curl,
VB.Round() and xml fixes.

The following translations are not up to date: Arabic, Galician, Welsh, Dutch,
and Brazilian portuguese. I don't know if I should remove them or not in the
final release...

You will find gambas packages in the Mandrake 10.1: do not use them!

I wrote to the Mandrake packager (Lenny Cartier) about this problem on 07 Sep
2004, but he never answered. I'm going to write him again, and will ask him
to remove these packages if he don't want to follow the needed organization.

Enjoy this release! If there is no big bug found in the next weeks, this will
become the official 1.0 release.

Benoit Minisini
mailto:gambas at ...1...