[Gambas-user] XMLReader

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Sun Nov 21 02:25:58 CET 2004

On Sunday 21 November 2004 01:01, Charlie Reinl wrote:
| Salut Daniel,
|
| if I see right, if I have read all the XML, after a open or a FromString, the
| XMLReader is empty, isn't it ?
|
| send you back your example, where you can test it in a loop.
|
| Is it a bug or normal ?
|
| Amicalment
| Charlie

Should you not renew the xml object?

PUBLIC SUB Button1_Click()
  DIM MyDepth AS Integer
  DIM Xml AS NEW XmlReader
  DIM nI AS Integer
  FOR nI = 1 TO 4
    TxtData.Text = TxtData.Text & "\n Loop = " & nI & "\n"

   xml= NEW XmlReader
    Xml.Open ("data.xml")

Thanks Daniel, I got now more with your sample.

But from help:
XmlReader.Node  AS .XmlReaderNode
.XmlReaderNode.Atributes  AS  .XmlAttributes ???
and XmlAttributes is not in the help.

FOR EACH Xml.Node.Attributes
  TxtData.Text=TxtData.Text & Xml.Node.Name & ": " & Xml.Node.Value & " "
NEXT

How can it be the Xml.Node here returns the attibute name/value.

I never expected that was the case and the reason I could not find the right way.
I try the sample code before recompile ant got a error on Xml.Node.Attributes
After recompile and install it worked, my conclusion is the update has also
done something in the object hierarchy.
I'm feeling not guilty I could not handle the xml component :)

I have no more time to work with it, I go to Tenerife for 6 weeks for
job and refresh of health, I'll wink to Madrid when the plain pass by. :)
Need to learn Spanish because the employer is German. :)
Gracias por tu trabajo sobre el componente xml y el componente neto.

Ronaldo