R: [Gambas-user] Lib's needed to run gambas

Paolo Saudin sdnpaolo at ...69...
Sat Nov 20 13:20:41 CET 2004

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: gambas-user-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:gambas-user-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] Per conto di José L.
Redrejo Rodríguez
Inviato: sabato 20 novembre 2004 10.32
A: gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Oggetto: Re: [Gambas-user] Lib's needed to run gambas

El sáb, 20-11-2004 a las 05:05,
> Message: 7
> From: Charlie Reinl <Karl.Reinl at ...9...>
> To: "gambas-user" <gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net>
> Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 23:00:37 +0100
> Subject: [Gambas-user] Lib's needed to run gambas
>
> Salut,
>
> I try to setup gambas on a Ubuntu Linux.
> Ubuntu Linux from south africa, is a small debian, from the unstable
branch.
> It commes, I see it like this, as a enduser Linux, is very easy to
install,
> but has nothing for an developer onboard.
>
> I had to add g++ and all the other basics.
>
> Compilation fails, so I ask, is there a list, where I can find all Lib I
need
> to set it up ?
>
> Amicalment
> Charlie

Well, ubuntu is more or less a subgroup of Debian sid packages together
with some patches & configurations. So you just need to use Debian. If
you want, 0.99 packages of gambas are already available in Debian via
apt-get. If you want 1.0RC2 packages and sources are at
http://cvs.linex.org/linex/gambas ready to be uploaded to Debian

And, finally if you want to compile them by yourself. Download from the
previous link the .dsc, .tar.gz & .diff.gz files, go to the directory
where you downloaded them, make "dpkg-source -x gambas_1.0RC2-1.dsc" and
you will get the sources patched and ready for debian compilation. Then,
inside the new created gambas-1.0.RC2 directory, make "fakeroot
dpkg-buildpackage" or "dpkg-buildpackage" if you are root. If you need
some not installed libraries this command will tell you the name of the
debian packages you have to install to compile gambas.
Regards.

Hi,
I run "dpkg-source -x gambas_1.0RC2-1.dsc" but the file
"gambas_1.0RC2-1.diff.gz" seems not to be compressed as I get a lenght check
error.

Regards,
Paolo