[Gambas-user] Collections bug? Referencing from variable.

webmaster at ...664... webmaster at ...664...
Fri Nov 5 12:49:21 CET 2004

Yea I meant string, not integer.

MyCollection["NAME"] works

Dim CheckVal as String
CheckVal = "NAME"
MyCollection[CheckVal] doesn't.

Collections probably aren't the best way of doing this. I just need a way of
storing configuration data where I can refer to any of the elements by a name
(2 Fields - Name and Value. Lookup name by a string and return its value) If
there is a better way of doing this without a physical DB that would be
usefull =)

Tonight i'll lookup the precise error, but thats about the jist of it.