[Gambas-user] BUG in 0.99 RC1

Primorec igor.furlan at ...626...
Mon Nov 1 17:04:48 CET 2004

I was able to compile and use "gambas" on RH8 with very outdated QT,
CURL,LIBXML.
So, I've downloaded offending packages, compiled them and put them
into /usr/local. Because of that my .login file is slightly modified.
Everything works fine.

.......... my .login file ...............
setenv QTDIR /usr/local/qt
setenv PATH $QTDIR/bin:$PATH
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $QTDIR/lib
.......... end of my .login file ........

My $PATH looks like this

/usr/local/qt/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

$LD_LIBRARY_PATH looks like this:
/usr/local/qt/lib

QT 3.3.3 is installed here
/usr/local/qt-x11-free-3.3.3

There is a symbolic link too
ln -s /usr/local/qt-x11-free-3.3.3 /usr/local/qt

"gambas" starts and it seems to work.

Igor

P.S.:  I do not know if everything works well... all I know that  I
can start "gambas", open example project, copy example project, start
new project...   More than that I do not know how to test.
DISCLAIMER: I do not know how to use "basic"...  never use it
therefore my info could have less value.