[Gambas-user] solitaire 0.9

Grahame White grahame at ...457...
Mon May 31 22:37:12 CEST 2004

> > I started solitaire a few minutes again. Sorry, but I am too dump to
> > play. I don't know how to. I see a playfield with all fields filled
> > with a ball, only one field is empty. I can click on a ball, the ball
> > is selected and red colored. And now? I guess I must 'move' one ball
> > near the empty field, or what?
> >
> > > Grahame
> >
> > HM

> Grahame !     You must to add the help !!! I don't know how to play at
> your game !!
>
> Fabien

OK guys I'll add in the help for the 1.0 version.

Until then here's how to play :

A valid move is made by jumping one ball over a ball in an ajoining square.
The ball jumped is then removed from play.
Moves can only be made vertically and horizonally and not diagonally.

for example if we use O as a ball and _ as an empty square the basic board
layout is (best viewed with a fixed-width font)

  OOO
  OOO
OOOOOOO
OOO_OOO
OOOOOOO
  OOO
  OOO

A valid opening move is

  OOO
  O_O
OOO_OOO
OOOOOOO
OOOOOOO
  OOO
  OOO

An other valid move is

  OOO
  O_O
OOOO__O
OOOOOOO
OOOOOOO
  OOO
  OOO

As you can see each more removes one ball from the board, the object of the
game is to remove all but the last ball.

To make things a little more difficult you have to work it out so that the
last ball lands on the cell with the sunken border.

I know English aren't either of your first languages, and I'm not a very
good explainer anyway, so I've included some links to various sites on the
game that may help.

http://www.mathematische-basteleien.de/solitaire.htm
http://euler.free.fr/PegSolitaire.htm
http://www.ionet.net/~bkeltch/pegs.html

I hope that helps until I get around to writting the help.

Grahame