[Gambas-user] writting an array to a file

Grahame White grahame at ...457...
Mon May 31 16:50:48 CEST 2004

Looking through the helpfiles I came across :

Write

SUB Write ( File AS File [ , Start AS Integer, Length AS Integer ] )

Write array contents to a file.
Start specifies where the first element to write. By default, data are
written from the first element of the array.
Length is the number of elements that will be written to the file. By
default, data are written until the end of the array is reached.

But how is it used? The only other reference to write I can find that looks
even remotely useful is for WRITE. The problem is that WRITE seems to be
for writing individual variables to the output stream :/

I tried this :

	OPEN path FOR WRITE CREATE AS #Scoretable
	WRITE #Scoretable, Global.highscoreboard
	CLOSE #Scoretable

but all I got was "Type mismatch: wanted Standard type, got Object[]
instead"

Grahame

If you want more info on Global.highscoreboard then check one of my earlier
emails where I attached the project I'm working on