[Gambas-user] H/W ID

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon May 31 07:18:05 CEST 2004

On Sunday 30 May 2004 23:24, Rizky Tahara Shita wrote:
> in visual basic, we can use the WMI to get the hardware ID's
> number. how do i do that in gambas ?

You mean the processor serial number?  Mac address?  "Hardware
ID's number" may have some specific meaning in windows, but
nowhere else.

If it's the processor serial number, see what "cat /proc/cpuinfo"
tells you - my two machines here are cpu id level 1 (no ID) and
level 2 (ID disabled) so I couldn't tell you what the serial
number looks like exactly.  I'm pretty sure the linux kernel
disables the PSN by default unless the user has built support in
or specifies some boot parameter like "enablecpuid" (it's not
that, but it's something like it.)

There is also a program called x86info that will retrieve the PSN
if it hasn't been disabled.

Rob