[Gambas-user] Re: Gambas-user digest, Vol 1 #708 - 11 msgs

Luke Cliff ljcliff at ...466...
Tue May 25 12:13:37 CEST 2004

Hi Tim,

I have a remote control that uses another wireless keyboard at the lounge,

The Mp3s are played from xmms, and I just use a "persistent" gambas
program as a remote control to call  a raise of itself every second or
so when it's running, which in turn executes "shell xmms- f" or "shell
xmms -r" when I type a preprogrammed  number on the keypad,
in fact the remote can shut down the computer, restart it? run screen
savers, dial the internet,  anything preprogrammed with keyboard inputs
as triggers to run programs, most of the time the gambas program just
runs MP3's or categories of MP3 genres.. I hope this helps...

Regards
Luke