[Gambas-user] Interbase/Firebird

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Wed May 19 22:59:23 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 19 May 2004 16:06, budi at ...415... wrote:
> So if i make a commercial application using mySQL, i must give
> the source as well, how can i get momey from it then ?

The same as with Qt.... you pay them money, they sell you a
commercial license.  This is also the reason people have asked
for a Gtk component, my answer to which is "well then, get
coding".  I think it would be better for Gambas to support more
databases and more graphical toolkits, but my preferred ones are
already supported and I don't feel a need to contribute code so
that others are enabled to create proprietary software.  But I
haven't actually written any components for Gambas yet, so
that's an issue for people like Benoit, Nigel and Daniel to deal
with.

For what it's worth, I myself use mysql and Qt in software I
develop for clients (some written in Gambas), and my clients get
the source to what I develop but still manage to pay me for it.

Rob