[Gambas-user] short and byte arrays

Grahame White grahame at ...307...
Mon May 3 12:52:50 CEST 2004

I'm curious as to why an array of Short or Bytes isn't implemented. Sure I
could use an array of integers for everything but it seems odd to me.

Also a way to create a signed/unsigned version of a datatype would be quite
useful. There have been times when a short is too small and an integer
seems wasteful but an unsigned short would be about right.

Just because memory is pretty cheap and abundant doesn't mean we should be
wasteful. That path leads to the dark side :)

Grahame