[Gambas-user] CONTRIB: About The Editor addin used by Ron

BluPhoenyx quazar at ...403...
Wed Mar 31 04:28:39 CEST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 02:40:05 +0200
ron <ronstk at ...239...> wrote:

> Hallo everybody,
	<snip>
> Now the problem raises. What if there is a new version.
> My code is lost that way.  Remember I was just new and CVS??
> I resolved by putting all my code in a well marked block at the end.
> Sometimes for a few lines of code. Add in the original part also well
> marked calls to my code at the end and accepted it was not running
> in optimal condition as it should do by changing the original code
> completely for my wishes in my way.
> At the end with 5 little interception points in the original code it
> was easy to reinsert it every time till v0.80.

This is the problem I would have also. I would prefer not having to
modify the editor every time I update the language. I would rather use
the system as is.

The choice is always up to the developer and I respect this. BTW, I
agree with you about HBasic. I have tried several versions and always
wind up with a crash.

The other options for a RAD based BASIC which I know of:

Phoenix 	(Linux version of Envelop for Windows)
PureBasic	(not a free application)
KBasic		(not free or yet released. release date: june 2004)

There are several BASIC's which can handle GUI development but no RAD
available.

--
Cheers,
Mike T.