[Gambas-user] BUG: Find/Replace case

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sat Mar 20 16:40:32 CET 2004

On Saturday 20 March 2004 09:58, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Thursday 18 March 2004 20:37, ron wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have in the code names with uppercase and lowercase like
> > MyTest and mytest and decide it should be MyProg
> > During the search for Test to replace with Prog it finds Test and test
> > but the replace is only for Test.
> >
> > The checkmark for case sensitive is off after open the F/R box and not
> > touched. In fact they are all off.
> >
> > grts Ron
>
> OK. I fixed the bug.
>
> The find & replace form is one the earliest code I did in the IDE, and I
> must tell people that it is a bit horrible, and have many bugs. I think I
> will redo it before 1.0
>
> Regards,

Thanks.

One wish from me if you redo it and have time to implement.
I did use Ultra edit with my windows box and the Find had a nice feature.
If you used Find/Replace it could, by check box, show all the lines matching
in a popup list and a click in this list the editor was going to the matching
line.
It gives a good overview what the Find/Replace will give/do before you start
to change anything.

Ron