[Gambas-user] Dynamically changed arrays

ron ronstk at ...239...
Wed Mar 17 14:14:27 CET 2004

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 08:45, Eilert wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
>  > 	ls.add( t )
>
> Aaaaaah :-) That's it! Thank you!

your welcome

> By the way:
> > DIM t   AS string
> > DIM fptr AS INTEGER
> > DIM ls AS string[]
>
> are those variable declarations always confined to 1 item per line or
> can I add several variables by commas like
>
> DIM t, xyz, vzk AS STRING
> DIM i, j AS INTEGER
As far i know the answer is No. 1 per line is the rule.

> As far as I could see, there is no way to make an implicit declaration
> by def, is it? So my usual "defint a-z" won't work in Gambas, right?
Yes you right.

Nice to do things quick, without the 'Dim', but in Gambas you
must always 'DIM' the variable with a type.
In VB this is not required without 'Option explicit'

>  > DIM fptr AS INTEGER
>
> shouldn't that read AS FILE in Gambas?
Oeps, your right!

> > OPEN FileName FOR READ AS #fptr
>
> This got me reading the docu. Do you know what CREATE is good for?
> Usually, an APPEND for a non-existing file will create it anyway.
I didn't use FILE so much yet, I have to learn this to.
These CREATE,APPEND are new for me. Version 0.90+ ?

> Thanks a lot!
>
> Rolf

Ron