[Gambas-user] I am the new one...

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Tue Mar 16 08:35:03 CET 2004

Hi everyone,

as I'm new here just reading the list for a couple of days I'd guess
it's time to introduce myself.

I've been using several BASIC flavours since the early 80s (my first
computer was a ZX81...) and despite some trials of Pascal, C, C++,
Python etc. I have stuck with BASIC ever since. I coded the software for
my firm (we run a private language school) and for that of my
brother-in-law (granites import) in VB but soon I felt that I was
heavily missing such a tool for Linux. Well, some days ago the problem
seems to have been solved :-)

Although I easily found my way through the basics of Gambas and
understood the overall concept, there are many things I haven't found
yet and I hope I'll find the answers here.

Some time ago I was a member of the documentation team of KBasic which
unfortunately died after its maintainer left it. As far as I could see,
you have a WIKI for the documentation free for everyone to add articles.
So when I will have learned enough about Gambas, I promise to add some
stuff. For instance, I'm mostly missing examples for the explanations.

Rolf-Werner Eilert