[Gambas-user] Question Compiling gambas0.91

ron ronstk at ...239...
Mon Mar 15 23:16:42 CET 2004

On Monday 15 March 2004 14:48, Rob wrote:

 strip

> > For `libtool --finish /opt/lib' I do not know how to fix that
> > in the RPM yet.
>
> I don't know what this is, but would question whether it's a
> showstopper.

`libtool --finish /opt/lib'
I think it runs the ldconfig program for the builded libraries.
I have seen it before to do this job when libraries are build.

> > gbc: command not found
> > gba: command not found
> > cannot stat `gambas-database-manager': No such file or
> > directory
> > Here the gbc and gba command not found,
> > `gambas-database-manager': No such file or directory
> > These are also not good I think.
>
> Again I suggest that you look at my gambas and gambas-gui
> src.rpm's for their spec files (be careful to backup your own
> spec file before installing the gambas package, since the spec
> file is also named gambas.spec.)  The GUI parts (gambas IDE,
> database manager) require gbc and gba to be installed in your
> path, and possibly gbi as well.  I think I also needed gbx to be
> installed.
>
> As such, you need your "gambas" package to be built first, and
> then installed, and *then* build the "gambas-gui" (or name it
> however you like) package.  It's possible, if you're doing the
> wrong thing and building RPM's as root, that you can cheat and
> copy the four gb? executables into your path during the %build
> phase in preparation for the GUI stuff to be built, but that is
> definitely the WRONG way to do it and actually may result in an
> unusable IDE once an end user installs the resulting package.
>
> Rob

Understanding that i must build it with 2 rpm's
the first to get the real binary libs and executing programs and
the second for the GUI and GDM.
I will study your spec files first to see i'm right and try again.

Ron