[Gambas-user] mandrake packages for 0.91

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sun Mar 14 23:29:19 CET 2004

On Sunday 14 March 2004 20:57, Rob wrote:
> OK, new packages are up for Mandrake 9.1 and 9.2.  I haven't
> installed 10.0 anywhere yet but I'll make packages when I do
> (and probably stop with the 9.1 packages because I probably
> won't have any 9.1 boxes around much longer.)
>
> I can't connect to the cooker ftp server to upload the new
> src.rpm today, which I suppose means they're still in the freeze
> for 10.0.
>
> http://www.kudla.org/index.php?wl_mode=more&wl_eid=51
>
> Rob

Hi Rob,

I just want to take a view in the rpm.
The new KDE 3.2.0 gives 'save', 'open' 'cancel'
Because normal in 3.1.4 rpm's opens in Kpackage i simple click on 'open'
Result a grey konqueror window. Try again and see [snap7]

I had read something about realplayer has also rpm so I go to
Kcontol->File Associations, type .rpm and see [snap8], Kpackage and no
realplayer.

In the past before 3.2 the extention was used to know the program for open and
they have changed to content, also there was a 'open width' and then you
could choose between the program accoiciated or select something else and I
like that more.
The stupid thing since 3.2.0 is that it is not always show open with what, the
button is to small for long program names, short names are shown.

But why will realplayer play a xxx.i386.rpm?
l look in the File accociations for audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin and find
realplayer [snap9]

Then i go to my winbox and start a header viewer and see your header send
content-type audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin :(

You can add a .htaccess file in the directory with rpm files and change the
mimetype to send in the header to application/octet-stream.

reference Apache/manual/content-negotiation.html
In the httpd.config you must add

AddHandler type-map .var

In the direcory with rpm files a .var file with content

URI: *.rpm

Or change the mimetype file.
This way is maybe better to prevent realplayer to start.