[Gambas-user] Linux files question and very of gambas topic

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sat Mar 13 17:25:51 CET 2004

On Saturday 13 March 2004 14:57, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Saturday 13 March 2004 09:50, ron wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there a way to find out to log and see witch files/directories
> > are requested by a program?
> > I think something like FileMon under windows.
> > This is handy to find out where the files are expected to be
> > and are existing or not.
> > This is done in realtime so you can track these errors.
> >
> > i.e. A program wants a myprogram.png file and it does not exist.
> > The KDE controlcenter want some icons I do not have so the are visual
> > missing. I assume the program is opening the file and get a error.
> > If I can log/see this file request I can maybe use an appropriate icon.
> >
> > If it can be done with a already existing program what is the name of it?
>
> You can try this, for example, to catch all files opened by the IDE.
>
> $ cd ~/gambas/app/gambas
> $ strace gbx 2&> strace.out
> $ cat strace.out | grep "open("
>
> With a better use of grep, you can be more accurate.
>
> Regards,

It was not exactly to check the gambas IDE but playing with it on Kcontrol.

And just what I expected is true, SuSE makes a mess. KDE default is English.
I found Kcontrol with missing help trys to find in 'en_US' witch is unknown by
KDE after 3.1.4 and up
strace is in the way I wish, must play more with it

Tanks Ron