[Gambas-user] Against the war

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Mar 11 17:15:39 CET 2004

On Thursday 11 March 2004 10:59, Ronan Chilvers wrote:
> Part of the reason I think Linux and projects such as Gambas
> are important is because they are about the common good.  Good
> tools for all, for free, supported by everyone.  Why not
> approach international politics similarly? Communication is

I agree, I've had far more contact (real contact, not "telephone
operator with a fake American accent" contact) with people from
the rest of the world since I got involved with free software
than I had in my entire life previous to that.  It forces you to
treat people in other countries as real people, as opposed to
"furriners" as a lot of the people in my country say.  And being
exposed to world perspectives makes me realize how limited the
view from here would be without the net and (for me) without
free software.

Rob