[Gambas-user] Newbie - gambas startup error-please, please, please help....!

Daniel Campos daniel.campos at ...338...
Tue Mar 9 18:53:41 CET 2004

El mar, 09-03-2004 a las 06:51, S Krupa Shankar escribió:
> > From: Rob <sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...> wrote:
>
> >Unfortunately, Mandrake 9.0 uses Qt 3.0.  You need Qt 3.1 to
> >build recent versions of Gambas... the most recent version you
> >can build is probably newer than what's on my site (I stopped
> >building them when I got rid of my last Mandrake 9.0 box) but
> >you will almost certainly not be able to get Gambas 0.8x or 0.90
> >working on Mandrake 9.0.
>

> >I would normally be a little upset about this, but Mandrake 9.0
> >is three versions out of date now. ;
>
> hee, hee, hee...I am now upset...;-)
>
> Okay...so what should I do now.  (Of course, other than re-installing the entire OS again-I could not install anything more with my PII, 233, 96 MB, p;d Sisco graphics card-everything else hangs during the installation procedure itself).  Maybe could I update just QT to 3.1 with a Mandrake 9.1/9.2 CD?  Will it be possible?
>

> Oh please, if I ever go to Heaven of course I will reserve a place for you, too. ;-)  Please suggest to get Gambas up and running.

Well, I've updated from Mandrke 9.2 to Mandrake 10.0 just using "urpmi",
may be you can update you 9.0 to 9.2, using "urpmi", and the easy-urpmi
tool provided at http://www.urpmi.org/easyurpmi/index.php , where you
can find a 9.2 mirror and start updating all the system. If you want to
update QT, you'll need to update all KDE desktop, for me it was easy as
I use ADSL, may be if you use a modem can take some days... If you have
a 9.2 CD you could add that CD to your update sources using Mandrake
Control Center, and update from CD instead of internet (it uses to be
faster:)

But, be prepared to use just console in text mode, as these updates not
always perform a nice job!

Regards,

Daniel Campos