[Gambas-user] Re: "[12] Not an object" error.

ron ronstk at ...239...
Mon Mar 8 22:06:21 CET 2004

On Monday 08 March 2004 21:11, Jesper Holm wrote:
> On Monday 08 March 2004 18:59, ron wrote:

 8< snipy snop >8

> Thanks Ron, The problem is that the source when compiled "from scratch" so
> to speak, segfaults in the 4th gbi file. All Gentoo did was to comment out
> the generation of .info files in the Makefile.
>
> I don't know whaht these .info files contain, do or if they are vital, but
> the program crashes without them being installed. with "[12] ..." error.

The main part is the help browser depends on it for the 'info'

> This is _exactly_ what happens in the "make install" part, it builds to
> .info files write a third of zero length segfaults and then due to
> recursion i guess the parallel make segfaults to and the install process is
> aborted.
>
> It succeeds on the gb.net.info and gb.qt.ext.info files, but segfualts on
> gb.qt.kde.html.info yielding a filesize of 292 bytes. But gb.sdl.info is
> written as well with zero-length thiugh.

About the gb.qt.kde and gb.qt.kde.html, the developer by gentoo has
responded. He try to fix a problem but didn't well sofar. Not only the .info
had to be removed but the compile of the whole kde part had to be
blocked/disabled.

Unknow why gentoo had problems but you can always download the orginal source
package and try if that will suceed. I beleave there was alread one who had
done it with succes on gentoo.

On the website is also an instruction how to do. Realy that is not a big
problem, until unexpected errors occur (as I once had with curl :=(  ).
You need at least libSDL, Qt 3.1 or higher and curl 7.10.6 or higher and this
is already ok with you.

The sdl error is strange , no idea why that happens.

> Is the problem in the qt libraries? khtml, maybe? I hate to reconpile KDE,
> but, well it has been a while :-)

It wonder me that is needed.
Only if your current KDE depends on an old QT version.

> Jesper

Ron