[Gambas-user] Re: "[12] Not an object" error.

ron ronstk at ...239...
Mon Mar 8 18:59:36 CET 2004

On Monday 08 March 2004 15:19, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Monday 08 March 2004 14:35, ron wrote:
> > As Benoit already send to me as answer
> >
> > You must be root to launch 'gbi -a', as this program will write the info
> > files in the /opt/gambas/lib/info directory.
> >
> > The -a options tells gbi to make all info files.

sniper snap

> "gbi -a" write a *.info file for each *.component file it finds
> in /opt/gambas/lib. In a correct install, if a component is disabled, the
> corresponding *.component file is not installed.
>
> If the ./configure script disables a component, and after all the info file
> is installed, then this is a bug and you should tell me!

When I am right this is not the case! He wrote the next sentence.
>> When using the Gentoo ebuild, which effectively just removes the gbi part
>> of the Makefile, I get the below mentioned errors.

It looks to me that gentoo has done the damage, they removed the gbi part in
the make part to where the .info files are created if I understand him right.

I give only the way how to do it himself. For him to verify all is done ok i
give the list what and where he must find it.

In case of a error in one of the library sources for this operation gbi abort
total. I had it in the past after the third file and only 1 and 2 where
written, 3 was ok but not written and the fault was in the 4'th. The rest was
not done at all.
May be that is a bug but with wrong source input it not strange :)

I did a verify a few days back and I have a component build that is not ready
and has somewhere a error so gbi abort fatal. removing this component and gbi
goes 100% ok.

Rob:
There is nothing with building a rpm for distribution but one received from
gentoo that maybe is mangled in bad way by them.

Ron